How to Remove Wrinkles without Iron
Getting your pants and shirt wrinkled is a normal occurrence. It happens most of the time, especially if you are taking a vacation where you pack all of your stuff in one luggage. Even if you have folded all your clothes well inside the bag, when you unpack them, they still come out a bit wrinkled.
Clothes also get wrinkled after you wash and dry them, especially if you don’t take them out from the dryer at once. Storing your clothes the wrong way can also get them wrinkled even if they are already inside the closet.
And, let’s face it. It’s not good for your fashion image to wear wrinkled clothes out in the public or most especially to parties and important events. This is why before going out, you always make it a point to iron pants and clothes to make sure they are wrinkle-free. To get rid of wrinkles, you would naturally need an iron.
But wait! How about if you do not have an iron at home with you and you need to iron your clothes quick?
Don’t let this wrinkle problem give you wrinkles due to stress and pressure. There are ways on how to iron a shirt without an iron.
1. Shower Steam
This refers to using steam inside your shower to remove wrinkles without an iron. This is because steam has the ability to get rid of fabric wrinkles, just like how the heat from an actual iron does. How can you get wrinkles out using shower steam?
- Turn on your shower, putting it on hot. Wait for the shower to release steam.
- Close the shower door and make sure there is no way for the steam to get out or for air to get in. In other words, make sure the bathroom is sealed.
- Hang the wrinkled clothes in the shower area but make sure that you keep the shower head away from it so as not to get your clothes wet. However, don’t place it too far from the heat or else it won’t work.
- Wait for 15 minutes. Steam’s wrinkle-removing ability usually takes 15 minutes.
The best thing about this method is that it’s fast, it doesn’t require spending money and you can even take a shower while doing this method. This way, you can instantly wear your clothes after showering.
2. Ice Cube Steam
This is the method on how to get wrinkles out that makes use of ice cubes and your clothes dryer. You are well aware that it is not only hot temperature that produces steam but also cold temperature. And you are also aware that tumble drying your clothes can reduce wrinkle appearance.
With this method, you will make use of steam produced by ice cubes and combine it with tumble drying to get rid of wrinkles without iron. How?
- Put your wrinkled clothes inside the dryer and place two ice cubes with them.
- Set the dryer to medium and tumble dry them for at least 15 minutes. By now, the ice cubes are melted and have produced steam already to help remove wrinkles.
- Once the drying is done, remove the clothes from the dryer right away and hang them. Keeping them inside the dryer for a longer period can get them wrinkled again.
3. Use Wrinkle Remover Spray
There are wrinkle-removing sprays you can buy from grocery stores where you can simply spray the solution on the wrinkled clothes to instantly remove wrinkles. The best thing about these sprays is because they are specifically made to effectively remove wrinkles. However, there is a downside when using these sprays. If you use these sprays on delicate fabric, they can ruin its smooth appearance. This is why they are only best for cotton fabrics.
But, you can also make your own wrinkle-remover spray, using only water and vinegar. This way, it is much cheaper. However, be aware that vinegars have strong sour smell and if you don’t like the idea of smelling sour, you can simply use a fabric conditioner for spraying. Once your solution is ready, you can start doing these steps.
- Hang your wrinkled clothes.
- Spray the solution on the clothes thoroughly, but do not soak them. Spray just enough to dampen them.
- Leave the clothes hanging to dry.
4. Hair Dryer and other Heating Appliances
Yes, it is not only your hair that can benefit a lot through blow drying but also your wrinkled clothes. You can use your hair dryer as a makeshift iron.
- Place your wrinkled clothes on a flat surface or hang them, whichever is comfortable for you.
- Spray water on the clothes to dampen it.
- Turn on the hair dryer but set it to the lowest setting.
- Blow dry the clothes, keeping at least a 2-inch distance from the cloth.
The best thing about this method is that it is effective since hair dryers blow steam too. You can also use other heating appliances like your hair irons as makeshift irons too, making your beauty devices come really handy.
5. The Hot Pot
When it comes to using makeshift irons, the hot pot is another effective way on how to iron without an iron. How do you do this?
- Get a pot or a saucepan and fill it with water.
- Let the water boil.
- When the boiling is done, the bottom of the pot is now hot and you can use it to iron out the wrinkles from your clothes already.
The best thing about this method is that it is fairly easy to do. But the downside is that it is unsafe for you. You could get burned. It is also unsafe for your clothing as it might get burned too, since you cannot set the heat produced too low, unlike with actual irons.
See? Wrinkled clothes and pants are not something you should stress about. It just takes know-hows of certain life hacks you can apply on how to get wrinkles out fast even without an iron.
As a matter of fact, wrinkled pants are not only the problems you can solve on your own at home. Pants that have lost their shape already can be restored to their original fit and shape. Check out How to Shrink Jeans effectively here.