How to DIY Brazilian Wax at Home
Are you ready to put on that swimsuit and flaunt your sexy body at the beach? Maybe you have succeeded in keeping your body fit already, bought the most striking swimsuit or packed the most expensive tanning lotion. Or maybe you are already confident with your flawless skin because you are using 5 Best Organic Skin Care Brands that Your Skin Would Love.But wait!
How about your bikini area? Is it flawlessly ready? If not, you may need to do a little trimming down there or maybe you would love to get full Brazilian wax session first.
What is a Brazilian wax?
Brazilian wax is a method of bikini waxing that aims to remove all the hair down the pubic area. And that means leaving no trace of hair on ALL AREA surrounding the vagina, even the part near the anus. First timers may think this is awkwardly weird but this method is most preferred by women and others are even going crazy over this.
The best thing about Brazilian bikini wax is that you can be confident wearing your favorite swimsuit, no matter how skimpy it is because you know there will be no pubic hairs secretly peeking out. You would also feel really clean down there without risking yourself to cuts and burns brought by razors.
Plus, with this method, you won’t be annoyed by your pubic hair for a longer period. Why? How long does a Brazilian wax last? This method can give you a hair-free benefit down there for 3-6 weeks.
However, the downside of this method is first of all, the pain you will have to go through. If body waxing is painful, stripping yourself bare down there can be more painful. Health wise, it may also not be good to completely strip yourself from pubic hair as they are there for a purpose and that is to keep your vagina free from bacteria and infection.
Another thing is that, a session of Brazilian wax from the salon can be quite expensive and you will have to live with exposing your most private part to strangers.
But, don’t worry, because the expense and the exposure downsides can be dealt with for your advantage. This is through DIY Brazilian wax or doing the bikini hair removal at home, where the cost can be lessened and the need to expose your vagina to strangers can be completely cancelled.
10 steps to do Brazilian wax at home
- Prepare your waxing kit. This kit contains all the materials needed for the waxing process such as:
- Wax – this can be homemade or store-bought. If you choose homemade, you can whip up your own wax using ingredients such as white sugar, lemon juice and water and bringing them all to a boil in a saucepan.
- Waxing strips that you can cut to your desired length
- A mirror
- A butter knife or Popsicle stick for wax application
- Warm water
- Talcum powder
- Heat the wax. Whether you are using homemade or store-bough wax, you need to heat it first. The wax should be warm when applied to the pubic hair. Not too hot to burn the skin and not too cold to be ineffective in tearing the hair.
- Trim your pubic hair first if it is too long already. Use the scissors to trim it and leave about ¼ inch.
- Clean the area first before you start. You can wash it with mild soap and water.
- Place a mirror in front of you so you can see the area very clearly.
- Apply the wax. Apply talcum powder before you apply the wax. This can cause less pain because the strip is likely to stick to the hair and not to the skin. Then, slowly start applying the wax on your pubic hair. You can start from top to bottom.
- Stick the waxing strip onto the waxed area and let it dry or cool own first.
- Start stripping. Lift the tip of the waxing strip and then strip it fast.
- Do the same procedure over and over again until you see the area free from hair already.
- Free the area from excess wax. How to get wax off skin? Simply wash the area with warm water and apply mild oil or lotion before wiping the wax off it.
Important Tips when doing Brazilian Bikini Wax at Home
It is very tempting to do a Brazilian hair removal session at home, however, for best results, these tips may be of help.
- Make sure you have no period when doing the waxing. Having menstrual period can make your skin down there very sensitive to pain. This will make your bikini waxing session a lot more painful, so be sure you are not on your red days.
- Take pain killers. Pain is very common with this type of procedure and if you cannot tolerate the pain it is going to give you, you may take pain relievers before or after the session.
- Follow wax instructions carefully. When you buy wax from stores, they usually come with instructions on how you are going to heat them. Make sure you follow them carefully and accurately. This is also the same when using homemade wax.
- Watch a Brazilian wax video on how to wax yourself. If you don’t want to risk making a mistake in doing this waxing procedure at the comfort of your own home, you can always watch a video on how to do it. This way, you can clearly see how it is done and you can avoid making mistakes.
The hair on your head can be quite an asset to you especially if you are always taking good care of it and applying the 10 Ways to Make Your Hair Superbly Gorgeous Overnight. But, unlike our hair on top, hair down there can be a total embarrassment during your summer swimsuit escapade at the beach. This is if you do not do something about it. Getting a Brazilian wax removal may just be the perfect step to take, as long as you know how to do it right.