Top 5 Questions Asked about BB and CC Creams
When it comes to skin care and makeup, you will hear two of the most common and popular products in the market: the BB cream and the cc cream. If you are wondering what these two are, you are not alone. A lot of people have been asking the same questions about these creams as they shop for what’s best to buy and use for their skin.
1.What is BB Cream and what does BB cream do?
BB cream stands for “blemish balm” or “beauty balm”. This cream is meant to be a multi-purpose balm for skin care and beauty, instead of being just a simple blemish corrector. There are several things a BB cream does.
- It acts like a foundation by which you can use as a base for your makeup regime.
- It aims to even out your complexion.
- Since it is a blemish balm, it also conceals blemishes and spots that you like to hide.
- It hydrates your skin so that it looks supple and healthier, instead of being dull and dry.
- It protects your skin from the harmful rays of the sun as it is always packed with SPF sunscreen.
- It gives your face a radiant finish so that even if you do not have a makeup on, you’ll look fresher.
- It smoothens your skin, which is why it is called a “beauty balm” as well.
- It can help you fight skin aging as it has anti-aging properties.
2. What Can’t BB Cream Do?
Even if the BB cream works like a jack-of-all-trade wherein it it has all the skin care benefits that you want to achieve, there are still some things that it cannot do. In other words, there are limits to what a BB cream does.
- It cannot match the coverage that a foundation does because it has a lighter finish than foundation. You will find blemishes are not totally invisible, unlike when it is covered by a full matte foundation.
- It cannot be an acne-fighting cream. This is because acne-fighting ingredients and SPF cannot be mixed in a single product. So, if you think that your acne can benefit if you choose BB cream since you found out it is a multi-purpose product, you are wrong and you will only be disappointed.
- It cannot provide you the right shade you need easily, unlike foundations that are meant to address your skin color needs. You will find BB creams coming with only a few shades, which does not guarantee you will find the right one for your skin.
3.What is CC Cream and what does CC cream do?
CC cream, on the other hand, stands for “color correcting” or “color corrector”. Just as its name implies, it is meant to correct your skin color from discolorations such as redness, uneven skin tone, dark spots, etc. There are several things that a CC cream can do.
- It brightens your skin in time. Since it is a color correcting cream, it has the ability to brighten your skin with frequent use.
- It acts like a light foundation. Just like the BB cream, it also acts as a foundation. This is because this cream is lighter and more matte. It is not only good for makeup, but in making your skin look lighter.
- It moisturizes your skin. CC creams also have moisturizing properties that will keep your skin hydrated, thereby preventing dryness and dullness.
- It protects your skin. Like BB creams, cc creams are also packed with SPF sunscreen so they are also good at protecting your skin from the sun.
- It also combats skin aging. It also has anti-aging properties that can address signs of aging.
- It acts as a collagen-booster. It has the ability to boost the production of collagen and this is one of the reasons why cc creams can battle aging.
4. What Can’t CC Creams Do?
Just like BB creams, there is also something that CC creams cannot do, despite the many things that it can do.
One of the most obvious things is the fact that even if it acts as a better alternative for foundation because it brightens the skin, it still cannot match the coverage that foundations can achieve. CC creams are lighter than foundation so even if they are matte, their foundation effect does not last longer than that of the foundation.
5.What is the Difference between BB and CC Cream?
If you would notice, the BB and cc cream have a lot in common, except of course for the letters in their name. But, even if they are almost the same, they do have obvious differences in terms of:
- BB creams are multi-purpose creams made for multi-purpose effects while CC creams are more specific in nature, primarily for color correction.
- BB creams are sheer compared to the matte texture of CC creams. This is why CC creams work well as makeup base than BB creams. This is also why BB creams work well to achieve a “no make-up” or more natural look.
- The concealing effects of BB creams are not as good as CC creams. This is because CC creams provide more coverage than BB. But for daily use, the coverage of BB creams will do.
The Verdict – BB Cream vs CC Cream: What Should I Use?
The answer to this question depends on your needs, your preferences or your priorities in terms of beauty.
If you want a more natural look but want your skin to get all the skin care benefits, choose BB creams. You can also choose the BB cream if you want to save money, since BB creams can be an all-in-one beauty regime in a bottle.
If your priority is more on concealing and correcting imperfections on your face so that you can achieve a perfect make-up look, then a CC cream will be the best choice.
You can even shop for both. After all, no matter what you choose between the two, you can always wear a perfect make-up or non-make up look through 5 steps know how: perfecting your everyday makeup look here.