Age between 13 to 18 brings a lot of changes in a girl’s life, both physically and emotionally. Leaving those fantasies of childhood behind, a girl in her teen, is more attracted towards the items related to her appearance, be it trendy clothes or radiance-enhancing beauty products. Selection of makeup for beginners is not that easy. Teenage girls have youthful and sensitive skin, so their selection for complete makeup kit must be made with utmost care.
Things to Remember Before Buying your Makeup Kit Box
Being a makeup newbie, you lack experience. There are a lot of things that need your attention before buying your ultimate makeup must haves.
- We all have our favorite features (eyes or lips), and the main usage of any makeup product is to focus that particular feature. So, avoid buying any beauty product that you are sure, you’ll never use. Buying everything would be nothing but wastage of money.
- For makeup at this initial stage, apply the rule of ‘less is more’.
- If you don’t like dark smoky eyes, you don’t need to purchase a smoky eye palette.
- Do you love the luminosity of skin? Buy the base that offers a dewy look.
- Your skin is soft and fresh, don’t buy any product that comes for mature skin. Read the ingredients well. It must be free from harming ingredients like mercury.
- Talking of makeup for beginners, you are advised to buy makeup with matte finish. You might feel allured towards glittery and shimmery products (lip gloss is an exception), but experimenting with such bright items may bring some undesirable results at this early stage of life. [Read here: 2 Minute Weekend Makeup routine for Perfectly Matte Skin].
- Beauty products come in different price ranges. Starting from low, the price can get too expensive. Keeping in view your age group (and pocket money), you should opt for cheap makeup kits.
Best Beauty Products for the Beginners
For getting the best makeup results, you must have great skin. Great skin comes with moisturizing. Buy some nutritive moisturizer to get a flawless skin.
Primer is optional. It makes it easy to glide on the makeup. A primer also promises the longevity of the makeup. A primer must never be purchased without knowing your skin type. For a dry skin type, opt for hydrating primers, for a skin too oily or the one with large pores, opt for the one with blurring effect.
- BB Cream or Foundation
It’s too early for you to get into the usage of a foundation. As getting the right one (according to your skin tone) can be tricky. Still if you want to use foundation, apply a concealer first (especially if you have dark circles or other blemishes on your skin). It hides a lot on your skin and you don’t have to apply too much of foundation. The other best choice is to simply opt for a BB cream. A slight layer of beauty balm cream is best for hiding the skin imperfections without getting a thick and cakey feel on your skin. Maybelline has a great range of BB creams according to your skin type. Find the best for yours.
- Face Powder
We need a face powder to get a long-lasting makeup result. Makeup may vanish or slip due to sweat or oil, that’s why we recommend buying a setting powder, especially for the T area (forehead, nose, chin), that is oilier than other parts. But if you have dry skin, you don’t need one.
Do you like that Greek goddess-like look that a bronzer promises? If yes, buy one to have a sun-kissed glow on your skin. A bronzer too is an optional item. Bronzers with matte finish are the best. The matte finish promises a natural look. Bronzers by NYX with matte finish are some of the best, available in the drugstores.
Your look is incomplete without those final strokes of a blush. Girls with warm skin tones should go with peachy blushes while pinkish blushes are suitable for cool skin tones.
- Brow Pencil
Eyebrow pencil is one of the most significant items of makeup must haves. Well-groomed eyebrows give a defining touch to your overall look. You can’t skip that at all.
- Eye liner Pencil
Don’t forget to add eye liner pencils in your makeup kit box. Three shades are the must haves; brown for daily use, beige for waterline application (it gives a wider look to your eyes) and black to get a sizzling hot look. Look for the products that are pigmented and glide on seamlessly.
- Eye Shadow Palette
Your eye makeup cannot be completed without application of suitable eye shadows. For the makeup for beginners, we recommend you to buy the eye shadow palette with everyday nudes. Bobbi Brown and Maybelline, both offer some great neutral shaded palettes.
Instead of wearing those fake lashes, apply mascara on your upper and lower lashes to bring out the best look. Buy the one that promises a long lasting staying power. [ Read here: The Pros and Cons of Eyelash Extensions you must be aware of].
You can’t look perfect without drenching your lips in color. Lipsticks and lip glosses both are essential parts of a complete makeup set. Lipsticks come in various finishes i.e. matte, nude and creamy. You are free to pick the ones you like. Easy to glide on, glosses too are popular, particularly among teenage girls.
- Synthetic Brushes
For the best application of bronzer, blush or eyeshadows, the brushes should be of high quality. Many times, the kits come with low-quality brushes with hard bristles. To face such situation, it’s better to buy some good brushes in different shape and sizes separately.
- Makeup Remover
It is highly recommended to remove the makeup at the end of the day. Don’t forget to add some high-quality makeup remover and makeup removing wipes in your makeup kit.
Conclusion: Getting a complete makeup set is not enough, it is also very important to apply each item in the best possible manner. You are still young and you don’t have to overdo your makeup. We would advise you to use everything in a balanced way otherwise you will end up with an aging look.