How to Make a Rainbow Cake?
Cake is a dessert for all ages. It’s a dreamy creamy dessert that always delights. Weddings, birthdays, anniversary and all special events are incomplete without a cake. A timeless dessert, cake has changed in styles, flavors and colors. A rainbow cake is the latest trend that not only tempts our taste buds, it appeals our eyes as well. The layering of multiple fresh colors look flattering. Even rainbow cakes are available in so many styles and flavors. Some like rainbow chocolate cake while some prefer other flavors. It’s so yummy that women can’t control the desire. To sum up, a rainbow cake is worth the calories!
How to Bake a Rainbow Layer Cake?
If you too want to make your special days even more special with a rainbow cake, here we have presented the easiest and yummiest recipe of a rainbow cake. Let’s bake a rainbow layer cake. [Read here: All you Want to Know About Naked Wedding Cake]
- Butter: (for greasing the pan, keep some extra butter)
- Plain flour:
- Golden caster sugar: 150gm.
- Eggs: 3 medium sized
- Baking powder: 1 tsp.
- Salt: just a pinch
- Vanilla extract: 1 tsp.
- High quality edible food coloring: orange, yellow, purple (or pink), green, blue, red
Note: We need to make six colored sponges and to do that you would have to have 3x of all the above-mentioned ingredients.
Ingredients for icing
- Vanilla extract: 1 tsp.
- Icing sugar:
- Mascarpone/cream cheese: tubs of 3/250gms.
Steps to Follow:
- The first step is to heat up the oven perfectly. The heat should be about 180C/160C.
- Get your disposable foil tins greased up with melted butter, brushed up all around it to avoid sticking.
- Take a large bowel and start beating the butter and sugar with a stand mixer (you don’t have a mixer, simply use a spatula to mix it up.
- Beat it till it gets fluffy and creamy.
- Now start adding eggs one by one and mix them well until all gets combined.
- Next on the list is flour, followed by vanilla extract and baking powder. Mix it well till you get your desired consistency.
- Now transfer the mixture to six different bowels. Make sure that the batter is mixed equally.
- To make it irresistible, the next step is to add colors to all six bowels.
- To get the best visuals, don’t pour in too much color at a time. Use a spatula and pour in about quarter tea spoon of color, at first, in the mixture. If you have not found your desired color, keep on adding more to it. Repeat the same process till you get the freshest and delightful shade.
- Once you are done with the making of color batters, next step is to get six disposable tin bowels, we already greased with butter on all the edges.
- Now scoop the mixture in them by using a spatula. Divide the mixture equally and don’t forget to level the mixture on the top (very important to get a flat sponge).
- Now place all six tins into the oven. It’s a really tricky stage and you must be careful to avoid over-baked and brown sponges. To get the best baking results, it is recommended to keep on rotating the bowels’ position.
- Bake them for about 20 minutes to get the best result. Once you get them out of the oven, put a skewer inside it to check the status. If the skewer comes out clean, that means it is baked inside.
- Now cool them on the room temperature.
How to Make the Icing for Cake?
- For icing, start with the beating of vanilla and mascarpone/cream cheese with an electric whisk. Beat it till it gets perfectly smooth.
- Now add icing sugar to it and mix it with a spatula. Be sure you are not overdoing the mixing. The more you mix it, the thinner the batter will be. And a thin batter is hard to manage.
- It is recommended to store the icing in the fridge before using. Expert chefs suggest to make the icing about a day before making the cake.
How to Assemble the Cake?
- Get a small amount of icing on your cake plate to manage the first layer. Level the icing on it and place the first sponge on it. Now repeat the same process and layer the first sponge with icing to stick the second sponge. Once you are done with the first three layers, keep the cake in the fridge for about 30 minutes to stay cool and firm. Keep on repeating the same process over and over again until you get all the six layers assembled on one another.
Note: The amount of icing should be small. The thinner the layer, the better it will be. The more you will sift in, the more the frosting will push out from the sides of the sponge.
- All the layers of the cake should be placed equally to get an amazing look finally. Whatever icing is left, spread it evenly on the top as well as on the sides of the sponge. Level it well, using the back of a spatula.
- To decorate rainbow cake, use the coated sprinkles over it.
- Chill the cake well in the refrigerator before use.
How to Make a Rainbow Chocolate Cake?
- To make a rainbow chocolate cake, you don’t have to go too far. Follow the same steps as we have done for a simple rainbow cake (like mentioned above). Icing should be replaced by a small pail of milk chocolate (easily available in stores).
- In place of icing, in chocolate rainbow cake, chocolate should be piped between the layers of the cake, on the top as well as on the sides.
- To decorate rainbow cake, pour chocolate chips or colorful coated sprinkles over it.
Conclusion: A rainbow cake is the yummiest dessert to feed your inner child. This amazing cake tastes as good as it looks. Following this easiest recipe given here, you will end up relishing every spoonful. [Read here: 7 Steps to Easy Pancakes Recipe]