Best Recipes for the Ultimate Vegan Christmas Feast
Any celebration is incomplete without food. Food is a sure shot way to elevate the happiness of the occasion. Friends and family sit together and feast together. And when Christmas is around the corner, we want the best food for the traditional Christmas dinner. The traditional food includes stuffed turkey with various types of sauces and veggies. What if you or your guests are strict vegans and crave for the perfect vegan dinner? No worries! Make this year’s Christmas special with our meat-free and pure vegetarian Christmas recipes. From appetizers, meal to mouthwatering dessert, we have rounded up all for you.
White Bean and Sun-Dried Tomato Pâté
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp.
- Chopped onion: 1
- Minced garlic cloves:2
- Great northern beans: one can of 15 ounces
- oil-cured sun-dried tomatoes: ¼ cup
- lemon juice: ½
- chopped parsley: 3 tbsp.
- powdered thyme: ¼ tsp.
- salt and pepper: to taste
- Step1: Take a pan to heat the oil, add onion and sauté it. Pour the garlic paste in it and sauté till it gets brown.
- Step2: Now combine all the remaining ingredients in it except salt and pepper. Cook it till it gets tender. And now use seasoning to elevate the taste.
- Step3: Pour the mixture in some deep dish. Serve it with crispbread or crackers, made of whole grain.
2.Delicious Main Dishes
Beetroot & squash Wellingtons with kale pesto
- 8 well-cut wedges of a red onion
- Already peeled and cut beetroot, 250g
- Small chunks of peeled butternut squash, ½ approx.
- 4 unpeeled garlic cloves
- Olive oil: about six tbsp.
- Thyme leaves; about 1 tbsp., for the dish and for sprinkling, later on
- Puy lentils (ready-to-eat) : 250 grams
- Roughly chopped whole cooked chestnuts: 180g
- Kale: 100g
- Lemon: ½
- Almond milk: 2tbsp
- packs ready-rolled puff pastry (for vegans): 2 x 320g
- Step1: Take a roasting tin. Put onion, beetroot, squash and garlic in it with two tbsp. of olive oil. Add thyme leaves, sumac and seasoning to it. Put it all into a pre-heated (190C/170C fan/ gas 5) oven. You are supposed to roast it all for about 45 minutes. Make sure the vegetables are tender enough when you get them out and these should also be in their proper shape. As you have got them in their best shape, add lentils and a bit of chestnuts from the whole 180g. Now you have quite garlic in quite a tender condition, you better squeeze them out of their skin. Squeeze two in this mixture and reserve the paste of other two. Let this whole mixture be cooled on room temperature.
- Step2: For preparing pesto, boil the kale in salted water for about a minute. Strain it well and get all the water out of it. Put kale in some food processor bowl, put the remaining garlic, lemon juice, chestnuts. And for seasoning, add a bit of olive oil. Mix them up and you have a deliciously-made thick pesto.
- Step3: Sprinkle some flour on the clean surface of the kitchen counter. Unpack the puff pastry sheets. Spread the sheets widely, cover one-half of the pastry with kale pesto (one-third of the whole). Now take the vegetable mixture we made earlier to heap up on the pesto. Leave the sides of the pastry empty so that these can be rolled easily. Fold over it well, so the stuffing remains inside. Chill it for about one hour or you can leave it for whole night.
- Step4: When chilled or freeze, cover each wellington with milk covering and sprinkle some sumac to add flavor. Now bake for about 30 min. If frozen, 45 mins are enough.
Leek and Corn Stuffed Peppers
- bell peppers: 8
- olive oil: I tbsp.
- white and pale parts of 4 leeks
- minced garlic cloves: 3
- cooked Kernels of corn: 4 corns
- sun dried tomato strip: ¼ cup
- minced fresh parsley: ¼ cup
- powdered oregano: 1 tsp
- ground cumin: 1 tsp
- bread crumbs for topping
- salt paper: to taste
- Step1: oven should be pre-heated to 350 degrees F. Remove the stems from pepper and empty it of all the seeds inside. Cut a thin layer of peppers from a side, to make them stand properly in the dish.
- Step2: Heat the oil in a pan, sauté garlic and leeks well till getting tender. Add all the remaining ingredients (not wheat germ or bread crumb) and stir for 5 min. Stuffing is ready.
- Step3: Fill each pepper with this mixture. Pour bread crumbs and wheat germs over it.
- Step4: Cover this deep dish of pepper with foil and bake it for 30 minutes. It’s ready to serve.
Sweet potato & sprout hash with poached Eggs
- Sweet potato chunks: 2 potatoes
- Olive oil: 2tbsp
- Red onions (sliced): 2
- Brussel sprouts: 2
- Eggs: 3
- Gratting of nutmeg
- Step1: Well covered in a box, put sweet potatoes in a microwave and heat up for about 5 minutes. It should be tender enough. Cool it down.
- Step 2: Heat up the oil in a non-stick pan. Caramelize the onions for 5 to 8 min. Add sprouts till it tenders well. Add sweet potatoes on one side of pan, cook till it gets a bit crispy. Add nutmeg. Now mix the whole mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
- Step3: Take three already poached eggs and garnish your mixture in the pan.
Traditional Fruit Cake
- Brown sugar: 150g
- Glace cherries (quartered): 100g
- candied peel: 50g
- dried apricot (chopped): 50g
- a mixed bowl of sultanas, currants and raisins: 400g
- orange juice or rum: 2 tbsp.
- chia seeds (ground): 2tbsp.
- water: 6tbsp.
- coconut oil (melted): 225g
- self-raising flour: 225g
- almond (ground) 60g
- nutmeg: ½ tbsp.
- mixed spice: ½ tsp.
- nuts and whole almonds: 50g (for garnishing)
- glace cherries in halves: 50g
- Step1: preheat the oven to 150°C fan/170°C/gas mark 3. Take a cake pan and grease it well. Line its bottom and sides with a non-stick baking paper.
- Step2: Take a mixing bowl and pour sugar, rum/orange juice and ground dried fruits and stir well.
- Step3: add chia seeds and 6 tbsp. of water in a bowl and prepare another mixture. Pour in coconut oil, flour, powdered almond and mixed spices in it. And now add this whole mixture with the one we made in step 2.
- Step4: Now transfer this whole mixture in the cake pan we have prepared already. Level the top.
- Step5: Garnish the cake with halved, glace cherries, nuts and whole almonds. Bake it for an hour, then cover it with foil. And then bake it for about 2-2.5 hours. Cool it on room temperature and it’s ready to be served.