How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne & Skincare
Acne is a common problem faced by the people belonging to every age group. But teenage is the period when you are more likely to get hit by the unstoppable storm of acne. How to cure acne is the most common question we are often asked by teens. There could be numerous factors behind an acne outburst. These may include—hormonal changes, dirt, pollution and blocked skin pores and so on. Once you have it, it’s almost impossible to get rid of it. Girls adopt different medicines and homemade remedies to get rid of acne problem. ACV for acne is one of them.
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Help Acne and other Skin Problems?
Yes, acv might be helpful in curing the acne and other common skin-related problems. But you have to be extra careful while using it. ACV is an acidic solution naturally. It may cause burns and scars if you apply it directly on your skin. So, you have to follow a certain method to get the ultimate benefits of it. check out the procedure to use it. [Read here: Best Face Masks for Acne Prone Skin]
How to Use ACV for Acne?
- For acne treatment, take a cup with about ¼ water in it. Pour in 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar in it. we diluted it in water to reduce the acidic affects.
- Now take a spoon to stir it well. Now leave the cup for about 4 minutes.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in the solution for about 5 minutes (for best absorption).
- Now wring the cotton ball a bit and apply the cotton on the acne affected area. Leave it there for 2 minutes and wash your face with lukewarm water.
- There are many who have an acne outburst not just on the face but also on the other parts pf body particularly on the back. If that is the case, you are free to use the same solution on your neck, back or on any other acne affected area. If it is your back, simply pour in the mixture in the spray gun and sprinkle it all over the back and leave for some time.
- Lastly, don’t take it as an ultimate solution for acne. No doubt apple cider vinegar comes with great result for acne, but acv can’t heal those who are suffering from intense form of acne. For that, it is highly recommended to get your acne checked by some well-reputed skin specialist.
How does it Cure Acne?
Apple cider vinegar’s antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties (citric, lactic, succinic, acetic) are best known to kill viruses and bacteria. And most of the acne problems are resulted from bacterial infection. So, getting rid of acne by using acv is a possibility.
Apple Cider Vinegar as Toner
Using apple cider vinegar for face comes with a number of benefits. Many people prefer cleaning face with apple cider vinegar, over using it as a common drink. Some use it as a toner to get its complete benefits. Diluting in water and wiping your face with it bring multiple benefits for skin. Some of them are as under;
- It contains alpha-hydroxy acid that helps in clearing the blocked skin pores and removing the dead skin cells.
- Acv helps removing all the skin toxins, making it look radiant and youth-enhancing.
- Its application ensures improved pH level of the skin that balances the natural oil production of the skin.
- It is considered best cure for the redness, irritation and inflammation of the skin. And the credit goes to the anti-inflammatory properties of acv.
- If you have to face pimples, being an astringent acv dries out the pimple instantly.
How to Use it as a Toner?
Just follow the procedure given below to use it a as toner.
- Take a spray gun.
- Pour in one part of acv and 2 parts of pure water.
- Use the spray gun to sprinkle the solution on the affected area. Let it dry on the face for about 20 minutes.
- To get instant results, you are supposed to use it on regular basis.
- To keep it fresh and effective, store it in a cool and dry place.
Benefits of Cleaning Face with Apple Cider Vinegar
Cleaning your face with acv regularly can help in a number of ways. Checkout what we have enlisted here.
Get acv in a diluted form. Soak a washcloth in it. wring it well and wipe your face with it slightly. Leave it that way for 20 minutes. The protective layer of acids would help in reducing fine lines and oiliness. Not just this, it would also give a smooth and supple feel to your skin. Apple cider vinegar contains beta-carotene that is quite beneficial for protecting the skin from further damage. This is not it; mature women can also apply it as an overnight cream. Simply apply it in the same diluted form (not directly), on your face. It would reduce the appearance of all the aging spots and fine lines. [Read here: Is Vaseline Good for your Face]
Once you are done with the application of acv on the face, now is the time to get your skin moisturized. Whatever skincare method you opt for, it’s incomplete without moisturization. Use your regular moisturizer later on or any other great product to get all the benefits.
Things to Remember!
It is something that cannot be used easily. Because of the acidic nature of apple cider vinegar, you are requested to take special care before the final application. Check out the few things to remember while using it.
- To avoid skin irritation, you are advised to use it after dilution.
- Apple cider vinegar has a piercing scent. To avoid any discomfort to the people around you, wash it off completely after application.
- Never apply it close to your eyes or on some open wound.
- Check it first on a patch of skin to check the chances of irritation.
- When you are using it regularly, don’t go outside without applying any sunscreen lotion.
- Using it for the first time? do not keep it on your skin for more than five minutes.
Conclusion: We agree that apple cider vinegar is a naturally amazing mixture with a number of great skin and other health benefits. But taking it as an ultimate solution would be wrong. To get the best out of it, you’d have to keep in view all the precautionary measures.